Wednesday, August 13, 2008

My Clematis is Finally Blooming

Who ever heard of a clematis taking 4 years to bloom! It's hard to believe, but that's how long I've been waiting.

What a joy to finally see flower buds after such a long wait. What color would it be, I wondered. How large, what type? You see this is one of those plants I purchased from a discount store so long ago I'm not even sure of the variety. It was one of those bare rooted plants packed in a plastic bag with several others.

It's been through a lot. I moved it from one state to another, and from here to there in my garden hoping it would take off. Finally, it seems content. I'm not sure I thought I would see this day. What a pleasure to see this lovely purple flower. I just wish I knew what it is!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fortunate that your clematis turned out to have such a nice looking flower. I like the rich colour to the bloom. You are very patient to have waited so long for it to flower, and it has been very accommodating to survive its plastic bag beginnings, and frequent moves. It's great to see life overcoming setbacks and flourishing.

Sarah said...

It is nice to see it survive. It came up from Massachusetts with a rose I planted in Newburyport where I lived before Maine. I've been trying to identify the variety...no luck yet, but I will find out eventually. It's a somewhat old fashioned appearing flower, but slightly larger than the small flowering type of clematis.

Lona said...

Well worth the wait!

Sarah said...

Thanks!!